Every day I am sure that you advertise your items on sites like Squidoo, Digg, TechnoNews so on, but do you know how to use them without fear of being penalized by Google? If you’ve seen these sites surpass your articles/post in Google SERP then I suggest you to read carefully to what I will tell you in this article.
Proper use of social news
Using the social news sites to your advantage is very simple, but it is necessary to follow some simple rules.
First let me make a brief introduction: there is a difference between blogs. Bloggers that have a new blog which is not well indexed and generates few visitors tend to use social news more. But they do not know that this can have a tragic effect on their blog.
This is due to the fact that the social news has a higher trust than your blog. So if you post your article on social news, it could cause:
- your blog could be penalized for duplicate content even if you are the original article author
- other social news to appear in search engines results before your article. For more details please visit these sites:- crestreports.com
In order to counter all of this and to gain more benefits using social news, there are some rules that you can follow:
- Always use a completely different title from the one used for your article. This could not only prevent you from a possible penalty but it permits you to use other keywords and then have the ability to place your article/post (indirectly) for other keywords. For example, this article could be advertised on social news under the title “How to use social news.”
- Always use a completely different description from the beginning of your article. On social news that allow for a description of your article/post, it is always better to not copy/paste the first lines of your article. It is better to write a brief description for what the potential reader may find reading your article. For example, for this article I used this description: “Find out how to avoid Google penalties and increase the benefits of social news for your blog”
Personally I very rarely use social news for three reasons:
- First, I have never received many visitors to my personal blogs
- Second, the total amount of visitors that I could receive from these social network doesn’t justify the amount of time spent to submit my article/post to them
- Third, there is always the risk of being penalized by Google